I made this in my smaller Nutribullet cup – the perfect size for a dessert! If you’re not using a Nutribullet, I think this makes about 550ml. You could also use frozen bananas to create ‘nicecream’ – with more of an icecream texture.
Chocolate Orange Dessert Smoothie, garnished with amaranth and cacao nibs – just to make it look pretty…I wouldn’t usually bother though, just chuck it down ya, from the blender cup even, why not…
- 1/2 banana
- 3tsp cocoa powder
- 3 fresh dates (or soaked dried dates)
- A few drops of orange essence
- 2tsp cacao nibs (optional kick, note: creates texture)
- About 8 almonds (soaked overnight is best but not essential) and fill with water to max line (about 2 cups)
- alternative milk of your choice to max line (about 2 cups)
How I Make It:
Chuck all the ingredients in the Nutribullet. Blend for about 30 seconds.
Ta da! That’s it!
if you’re using frozen nana, you may have to stop and scrape down the sides every now and then to make sure it’s blending evenly.